Monday, July 26, 2010

Fear

Yesterday I put up two of the best mixes of my career. I'm not just saying that because I think that I am awesome. I say that because for the first time in months, people came up to me and said so. Usually, they go up to Louis and tell him that everything sounded good, and I hear it second-hand. Then in CR I had even more people comment the mix. Here's the thing though. I was exhausted. not just tired, Exhausted. This got me thinking. It took me a while, but i figured it out. In my exhaustion, i was too tired to care. I had lost the fear of failure. yesterday should have sounded like crap. It didn't, because i wasn't afraid to suck. When we lose that fear, we achieve amazing results. But by losing that fear, we leave ourselves open to pride. I don't have it figured out, but if i don't get it down I'm gonna lose it.

No comments: